OpenSecurity.global
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nigel S

HSM Key Card Storage & Quora

Question

Does anyone know of any online resources with decent instructions for the storage of HSM Remote Login key cards (also known as PaySHield cards), and the formation of a quora for assembling the cards for use in an HSM? Sorry it's a bit Billy Basic... I know how and why intuitively, but just need some help with the form of words. Thank you.

Edited by Nigel S
Amendment to the description of the key cards.

4 answers to this question

Sadly not... that covers merchants and terminals with P2P encryption. I'm after guidance for HSM owners and specifically for guidance on the management of key cards (which will contain encryption keys and will be used with the HSMs), and physical keys. Even the Thales website doesn't give any help on key card management. Ah well, I can sketch something out myself if I must... access control, mustering, forming a quora and so on.

29 minutes ago, Nigel S said:

Sadly not... that covers merchants and terminals with P2P encryption. I'm after guidance for HSM owners and specifically for guidance on the management of key cards (which will contain encryption keys and will be used with the HSMs), and physical keys. Even the Thales website doesn't give any help on key card management. Ah well, I can sketch something out myself if I must... access control, mustering, forming a quora and so on.

I thought it did have a section on HSMs and Key Management  - the terminals have to be loaded with the initial state in a secure facility . . . . never mind , my bad - i would have searched for HSM in the component ROV template for inspiration if I had to - NMPP2PE_RT_Component_v2.0.pdfP2PE_RT_Component_v2.0.pdf

24 minutes ago, james mckinlay said:

I thought it did have a section on HSMs and Key Management  - the terminals have to be loaded with the initial state in a secure facility . . . . never mind , my bad - i would have searched for HSM in the component ROV template for inspiration if I had to - NMPP2PE_RT_Component_v2.0.pdfP2PE_RT_Component_v2.0.pdf

Thank you, James.