OpenSecurity.global
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Glenn Pegden

90s UK BBS Scene and alt.ph.uk

alt.ph.uk Leeds meetup that started at the Station and moved to the canal barge that pokes out of a hill

Zappo, Chimera and Dr.K

Edited by james mckinlay

1 minute ago, james mckinlay said:

alt.ph.uk Leeds meetup that started at the Station and moved to the canal barge that pokes out of a hill

Zappo, Chimera and Dr.K

alt.ph.uk had meetups? I never knew that! I know there were a few 2600 ones (I help start the Manchester one) but never alt.ph.uk, that's cool!

the canal barge that pokes out of a hill

... wait, what now! Do you mean Drydock, or is this an awesome bit of Leeds I never knew existed?

1 minute ago, Glenn Pegden said:

alt.ph.uk had meetups? I never knew that! I know there were a few 2600 ones (I help start the Manchester one) but never alt.ph.uk, that's cool!

... wait, what now! Do you mean Drydock, or is this an awesome bit of Leeds I never knew existed?

drydock

I know they weren't mentioned in most of the early versions of that FAQ .... as I wrote it 😄 

Actually, we may have had it, but mislabeled it as a 2600 meet, check out this version, section 4.4

http://www.siliconbunny.com/darkfall_mirror/fallen/phreak/!phukfaq.htm

BTW I love going back and reading the FAQ. I was so young and nieve, thinking I was an authority on stuff I'd barely scratched the surface of.

But also, so see mention of things that just don't exist any more, phone cards, Novell, Janet etc

Leeds       Meet on the second Friday of each month outside the payphones
	    on Leeds Train Station (next to John Menzies).

thats what I found , trawling the Internet through an AOL2.0 dialup on W95 on a Pentium 1, 586

• Like 1

• Members online now

No members to show

Important Information

We use cookies as we're cookie monsters. Privacy Policy