OpenSecurity.global
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonny Schnittger

Favourite Podcasts

As well as 3 of those 4 are on my "must listen to" list, which includes

Risky Business - In my opinion by far the best general news and current affairs InfoSec Podcast - https://risky.biz/netcasts/risky-business/
SANS ISC Stormcast - 10 Mins or so every day! Great little daily summary - https://isc.sans.edu/podcast.html
Purple Squad Sec - https://purplesquadsec.com/#

Others I listen to regularly, but don't worry if I miss and have to catch up a few later

Recorded Future
Cyberwire
Pauls Security Weekly
Human Factor Security
Beers with TALOS
Down the Security Rabbit Hole
Smashing Security - Great for people new to the industry or with a passing interest (maybe light on tech for some)
Hack Naked News
Security Intelligence
Brakeing Down Security
DevSecOps
BSides Liverpool
Defensive Security
Southern Fried Security
Rally Sec

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I haven’t listened religiously to Infosec podcasts since Exotic Liability (so much foreshadowing in them when you listen back)

Is there *the one* for time-starved individuals to listen to?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Oliver Leaver-Smith said:

I haven’t listened religiously to Infosec podcasts since Exotic Liability (so much foreshadowing in them when you listen back)

Risky Business. Without a doubt.

• Like 1

Yeah I like Jenny's podcast, she focus more on the person than just tech talk. Nice to get an insight into the people! I was a guest a few months ago on her podcast. Had a great time.

I also enjoy Paul Security Weekly set of podcast. They've considerably up'd their game especially with the more focused podcasts like Enterprise Security Weekly, Business Security Weekly  

Edited by Thomas V Fischer
added some more info
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Oliver Leaver-Smith said:

Depends on what you're interested in I guess? A lot of the ones above are group/guest focused so they tend to run longer

State Sponsored Podcast was quite interesting, they did 11 episodes but not been one for a little bit. If it comes back, worth a listen. 

+1 for Beers With TALOS - 5 senior guys from the TALOS team drink beer and talk shit about security (but shit with a lot of common sense attached). Usually about an hour long but only every two weeks or so.

https://www.talosintelligence.com/podcasts

• Like 2

On 7/22/2019 at 10:14 PM, Oliver Leaver-Smith said:

The Many Hats Club

Risky Business 

And Darknet Diaries are all very good. 

• Like 1

I like Many Hats, wide range of topics although I need to listen to different podcasts, defo need to give Jenny's podcast a listen to

Podcasts always make me feel old, as I've seen so many come and go over the past 15 years or so. These days, I've not had the time to keep up unless I'm on a plane, but I try to keep my list updated and ready to consume when I do find the time.

Beyond those listed above, I'd suggest:
Black Hills Info Sec podcast
Coalcast (Coalfire)
7-minute security (which isn't 7 minutes anymore, apparently!)
The Cyber Jungle
The Social Engineer Podcast

Even without the time, I get pretty burned out on podcasts. Like much of infosec, the same old topics and rants come up, and it's hard to get too technical on these without being visual or hands-on. I think this is why some of the more popular ones these days talk about threat intel, as that can be more friendly for discussions (Recorded Future, Talos, etc). I would also love deeper, narrower topics like DFIR or Red Teaming, but the downside is those folks often do it only on the side of the day job/family, so it can be sporadic and unfulfilling.

I think someone should just start an Infosec podcast themed around the Infosec HallwayCon, where you can quickly dive into really cool, narrow topics with random people you come across and ask what they do/like.  Then again...I tire of "interview" type podcasts, too.

I'm probaly just aurally ill-content at the moment. 🙂

NetSec

Internet Storm Center

Nice with a small rundown every morning while leaving the apartment

Risky.Biz

All around nice podcast

Defensive Security Podcast

Like Risky.biz, but often a bit different view on topics, which is nice.

Beers with Talos

Always nice with a podcast with a bunch of banter too.

Darknet Diaries

My SO likes it. So listen to it incase she has some questions or just want to discuss it.

Others

The Dollop

A silly podcast with a comedy duo talking about a historic person or event

Freakanomics

A podcast about social psychology and economics.

Call of the Wild

The monstercat music podcast.

• Like 1

• Members online now

No members to show

Important Information

We use cookies as we're cookie monsters. Privacy Policy