OpenSecurity.global
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Steve Walsh

Have I been pwned API

Question

5 answers to this question

Everything that will answer your questions is within the documentation for HIBP API v3: https://haveibeenpwned.com/api/v3/

It costs only a few dollars to get a key yourself. Alternatively, people seem to "openly" share their API keys on Github, so there is that too, but I personally bought one.

> Useful? Yes.

> Cool features? Yes.

> Improve security? Probably.

Consider obtaining API keys for multiple breached data search engines, and use h8mail by khast3x: https://github.com/khast3x/h8mail

Edited by Matthew Broke

Cheers guys. My org recently had a sextortion attack. Used 1647 unique outlook address with a PDF attached which was password protected. The name of the PDF was the name of previously used password and contained within psf was usual sextortion bullshit with a link to a wallet. All mails involved were in have I been pwned. So I'd like to connect with the API to do password audits.

16 hours ago, Steve Walsh said:

Cheers guys. My org recently had a sextortion attack. Used 1647 unique outlook address with a PDF attached which was password protected. The name of the PDF was the name of previously used password and contained within psf was usual sextortion bullshit with a link to a wallet. All mails involved were in have I been pwned. So I'd like to connect with the API to do password audits.

why not sign up at HIBP as a "domain" admin, check how many current users email addr appear in HIBP data, design a special security awareness package just for them - and then learn how to filter this junk out at the gateway

On 9/18/2019 at 10:35 PM, Steve Walsh said:

That probably isn’t the use cases for HIBP, eg they don’t provide passwords.