OpenSecurity.global
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kevin Beaumont

BlueKeep - RDP vulnerability exploitation tracking

A track of BlueKeep CVE-2019-0708 scanners and exploits.

Scanners

https://github.com/zerosum0x0/CVE-2019-0708 - first uploaded May 22nd 2019

https://www.rapid7.com/db/modules/auxiliary/scanner/rdp/cve_2019_0708_bluekeep - first uploaded May 25th 2019

Remote code execution exploits

Unreleased

Technical writeups

@0xeb_bp has released a technical writeup.  It doesn't contain code but it does make clear how to reach exploitation, at least on XP.

0xeb_bp_BlueKeep_Technical_Analysis.pdf

I've added @0xeb_bp's write up above, with PDF, which shows how to abuse IcaChannelInputInternal.

10 minutes ago, Quentyn Taylor said:

shall we start a poll as to how long it will be .....

Haha. I still think it will be a little while before there’s a public RCE exploit as the information in last few days would need piecing together. 

Posted (edited)

heard a rumor that sodinokibi is moving laterally with BlueKeep

connected with this tweet 

Edited by james mckinlay

49 minutes ago, james mckinlay said:

heard a rumor that sodinokibi is moving laterally with BlueKeep

connected with this tweet 

I dunno about this, I had a quick look and it doesn't appear to do anything with BlueKeep.

I've seen a cryptomining botnet doing BlueKeep scanning, they don't have an exploitation module tho.

Posted (edited)

Apparently Watchbog is integrating something related to Bluekeep...

Edited by Tiago Henriques

Posted (edited)

Somewhat duplicative of Twitter awareness, but just in case:

See thread. Full PoC, it appears.

Edited by Royce Williams

1 hour ago, Royce Williams said:

Somewhat duplicative of Twitter awareness, but just in case:

See thread. Full PoC, it appears.

I wouldn’t worry too much about that - he’s talking about the PDF I linked up thread. It still needs work to piece it into a working exploit. 

• Like 1

Yeah they’re selling the exploit, maybe Dave Aitel can create the next WannaCry. 

13 hours ago, Tiago Henriques said:

Apparently Watchbog is integrating something related to Bluekeep...

They clarified this one, it doesn’t include a BlueKeep exploit: 

Yep. The Immunity exploit is crap as it’s Win7 32 bit single core only (ie no desktop or laptop in a decade), the coming Metasploit module is Win7/2008 32 and 64 bit multi core supported. 

They may hold off release tho, dunno. Part of the reason this hasn’t been exploited is the exploits have been pretty crap so far. 

For info - I've seen the thing where ACSC say they 'confirm' 'potential exploitation' of BlueKeep, but I think they're just talking about the non-public Metasploit module.

It's out now. Happy Friday. 

https://blog.rapid7.com/2019/09/06/initial-metasploit-exploit-module-for-bluekeep-cve-2019-0708/

Today, Metasploit is releasing an initial public exploit module for CVE-2019-0708, also known as BlueKeep, as a pull request on Metasploit Framework. The initial PR of the exploit module targets 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2. The module builds on proof-of-concept code from Metasploit contributor @zerosum0x0, who also contributed Metasploit’s BlueKeep scanner module and the scanner and exploit modules for EternalBlue. Metasploit’s exploit makes use of an improved general-purpose RDP protocol library, as well as enhanced RDP fingerprinting capabilities, both of which will benefit Metasploit users and contributors well beyond the context of BlueKeep scanning and exploitation.

I've seen this being exploited in the wild (low skilled threat actor). has anyone else witnessed this? I've got this in the lab working against 7 SP1 on a vm.

I haven't seen anything in my honeypots, just the usual RDP bruteforce stuff.

• Like 1

Posted this to twitter while i was playing over the weekend - 

Easy way to calculate the NPP address for targets if you can replicate the infrastructure. 

I identified the address for AWS Instances tested on everything from T2 small to T3 extra large so assuming its the same for all instance types and sizes. 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2019 at 12:29 PM, Kevin Beaumont said:

I haven't seen anything in my honeypots, just the usual RDP bruteforce stuff.

My palo is offline at the minute so can't see anything. I'm asking people with bigger networks 🙂

Ok, from what I've seen is that people are using passive sources e.g. binaryedge to then hit boxes (clearly they won't know the offsets so likelihood of BSOD is high rather than compromise). I'll try and get a honeypot/s up this weekend