OpenSecurity.global
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kevin Beaumont

And so it begins...

Highly professional GIF follows:

taylor swift confetti GIF

Welcome to our attempt at a cybersecurity community.  Forums are open for all to view, and currently invite only.  People can make Clubs (top left) which can be public or private.

Hello.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reset the clock!!!1!

Feel free to invite other people btw, it's 3 invites per person at the moment and I'll soon be out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robin said:

I can confirm, Carl is able to invite people.

It's aliveeeee!!!

• Thanks 1

By the way, if anybody is thinking 'boy this community website will die on its arse', I know, it probably will.  But I thought I would try.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Niel Nielsen said:

Is anything (subject) off topic. Or, Perhaps, of special interrest.

Personally i like to hack hardware. 

So there's a Clubs option above - if you think it's niche you could create your own club and invite people.  If/after you create a club, hit the "Manage Club" option and add a topic (which is really a forum for it).  Or just post in General discussion, I don't mind bulking lots of topics together - kind of the point of it really.

• Thanks 1

I like the layout and the look of this so far. Thanks for putting this together and exploring the idea around this!

Greets everyone 😄

lux.png

• Thanks 1

By the way, you can invite people with the button up at the top right - my only request is I’d prefer you know them somehow (even just online) and they use their real name when joining. The more people the better as it gets around the (big) gatekeeping issue. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kevin Beaumont said:

By the way, you can invite people with the button up at the top right - my only request is I’d prefer you know them somehow (even just online) and they use their real name when joining. The more people the better as it gets around the (big) gatekeeping issue. 

Kudos for the anti-gatekeeping statement! Also: hello.

1 hour ago, Martijn Grooten said:

Kudos for the anti-gatekeeping statement! Also: hello.

Hi! My two biggest industry issues are gatekeeping and lack of diversity, and I’ve managed to set up an invite only forum which has ended up full of mostly dudes. Doh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/19/2019 at 6:02 PM, Kevin Beaumont said:

By the way, if anybody is thinking 'boy this community website will die on its arse', I know, it probably will.  But I thought I would try.

I like it and hope it doesn't. Running a community is hard, but with the right people on board you always stand a good chance.

• Like 3

On 7/20/2019 at 4:36 AM, Kevin Beaumont said:

Hi! My two biggest industry issues are gatekeeping and lack of diversity, and I’ve managed to set up an invite only forum which has ended up full of mostly dudes. Doh. 

I'm sure participation will even out over time, but there may be some influence with the real name request. That said, there's nothing really confirming the name is real.

And hopefully this sticks around, per a previous post of yours in this thread. It'll all come down to participation/content and fairness in moderation, and a lot of good people seem to be interested thus far! 🙂  Here's my sword!

spacer.png