OpenSecurity.global
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jack Whitter-Jones

Whats Everyone Working On?

Policy changes, tooling, and controls to get to ISO27k next year.

NSM, VMP, Hardening endpoints, bringing webproxy inhouse, bringing email filtering inhouse, extending phishing reporting to IR and SOAR

• Like 1

Interested in this, @james mckinlay. Why are you bringing filtering in-house? Regulatory? Or lack of efficacy of providers?

our email filtering is already run from in-house but I’m moving away from Microsoft ATP.

Edited by Ian Chisholm

10 hours ago, Ian Chisholm said:

Interested in this, @james mckinlay. Why are you bringing filtering in-house? Regulatory? Or lack of efficacy of providers?

our email filtering is already run from in-house but I’m moving away from Microsoft ATP.

can do it better cheaper with more control inhouse - thats not the case for everyone - but it is the case for me 

• Like 1

Trying to put together a generic ransomware killchain with example TTPs and high- and low-fidelity detections for each phase in the chain. This is mostly to document all the good things we're doing wrt ransomware at my employer, and to justify deploying a few extra detections that got shot down in the past.

• Like 1

Looking into how to efficiently use diffing for source code reviews.  If anyone has any good tools or processes other than

git clone && git show

that they use let me know!

6 hours ago, RT Hatfield said:

Trying to put together a generic ransomware killchain with example TTPs and high- and low-fidelity detections for each phase in the chain. This is mostly to document all the good things we're doing wrt ransomware at my employer, and to justify deploying a few extra detections that got shot down in the past.

have you tried these two

https://blog.savagesec.com/minimizing-ransomware-risk-with-fsrm-847d70f6212b

https://fsrm.experiant.ca/

On 8/3/2019 at 9:01 AM, Jack Whitter-Jones said:

What are you all working on at the minute?

getting offsec to accept me onto OSCE - such a mess these days think they've grown too big to actually care - CX!=VG

• Like 1

• Members online now

No members to show

Important Information

We use cookies as we're cookie monsters. Privacy Policy